Thursday, November 12, 2009

swing swing.


Kiki.


"Kiss me down by the broken tree house
Swing me upon its hanging tire
Bring, bring, bring your flowered hat
We'll take the trail marked on your father's map"

definitely in need of a break. I feel as though I need to just run away for a bit, and regain myself. my thoughts, my personality. I feel as though its all just been struggling lately. I need to take a week off and turn my phone off, and turn my computer off and not get on facebook.

I do not know about you, but I feel like facebook is taking over the world. everyone and literally their mom has a friggin facebook. i know. because MY MOM has one. You have some people who are petrified that aliens may come to take over the world. or you have the people who themselves want to take over the world. well, facebook, sadly has outdone the aliens, and beaten your plans of WORLD DOMINATION! sorry kids. maybe next time.
i mean, but its great though isn't it? myspace... all you could do is go and look at everyones pictures and read whatever they wanted you to know in their about me. However, facebook is of a different species. You can know what EVERYONE is doing at all times. You don't like Jane, but you want to know what shes doing at all times? Facebook her DUH! you can read what Jane is doing at all times, you can read her CONVERSATIONS! unless of course she has them through chat or messaging, but Jane wants you to see her conversations so she doesn't do the whole messaging thing. you can even see who Jane is becoming friends with at ALL TIMES! isn't that great?? it is as though you have an inside portal to JANES LIFE!
and yet we wonder why facebook is so much fun.

I was playing on the playground with my kids at the center when one of my girls, Kiki, asked me to help her across the monkey bars.
KI: caitlin will you help me
me: no but i can watch you do it and make sure you dont fall
KI: starts to whine just a little: no i want you to help me
me: well i have faith in you that you can do it yourself
KI: starts to really whine: but i am afraid of falling
i now decide to take ahold of kiki's legs and then I tell her to let go of the monkey bars and i abruptly put her on the ground
me: you see? thats not a long ways down. so if you tried and you fell, you wouldn't even break anything
At this Kiki gets back up on the monkey bars and starts to attempt doing it by herself. you can just see the intensified look of, "must...get...across...monkey...BARS!" but you can also see the subtle fear of falling.
KI: im slipping!
me: i raise my voice: YOU can DO IT KI... just keep going! don't worry i'll catch you if you fall
she makes it.
she looks at me when shes done, and she gets this huge smile on her face.
I just wink at her.

when you think about it, college is a lot like this. its just a bunch of monkey bars, and although the ground really isn't that far down, to us it seems forever, and we are scared of falling. we let our fears prevent us from doing something we really want to do. I think we should all be like Kiki. everyone has a different monkey bar in their life. yours might be wanting to get involved in an organization, but you feel like you do not have time. You can't let the fear of time rule your life. thats every college students' fear. time. you know, the reason I do not wear a watch is because I do not want to feel owned by time. I understand that time is precious, yes, but you nor I should fear it. your monkey bar might be making that friend or meeting that person who may be a bit different from you. or trying out that new church, or taking in that different religion. you can be afraid to do something just because you might fall.
we should know about falling.
ring around the rosies
pocket full of posies
ashes ashes.
we all fall down.
okay fine.
now get back up

No comments:

Post a Comment