Thursday, November 5, 2009

la la live out loud!

Stressing out isn't even the right phrase. its more like, just kill my head please. im actually using this as a procrastination. HA! YOU THINK YOU CAN KEEP ME DOWN HOMEWORK. ILL SHOW YOU!
I guess you just have to decide whether or not you are going to let such worrisome things take over your mind. you have control of your mind right? sometimes i wonder if i really do.

So, right now I am going to take my mind off of this boring topic of stress that all of us fine college students go through. i mean, its the basis of our lives. right?
not mine! I WILL NOT BOW I WILL NOT BREAK I WILL BLOW THE STRESS AWAY. ;D

anyways, I never told you about me and whitney hunt's miracle. oh yes. a miracle. so you know how i posted about the walk and how all of those college students gave the shoes on their feet that night for the kids in Haiti? well, I got to thinking after I left that night that "hey... college students normally have big feet... I am sure there are little kids that need shoes at Haiti too" so I asked whitney if she wanted to maybe go shoe shopping. Well, mom happened to have a bag full of shoes that do not fit my brother and sister anymore, and then we went to the shoe store in Hunters Crossing. well my friend, this shoe store is really expensive... and even though we were going to split the cost... we still would have been left with only supplying MAYBE two pair. that simply isn't enough. so we decide we are going to drive to target. well we are driving down the road and whitney decides she wants to stop at Lees Chicken to get a sweet tea and a biscuit. okay. now we are on our way to target. okay. now we are at target. park car. get out. HEY a shoe store. HEY payless. that works. Pay LESS. right? whitney says, "hey hold on I have to finish this biscuit out here" so we are standing there minding our own business while whitney eats her biscuit and gets honey ALL over her purse, some strange woman comes out of the shoe store. looks left. looks right. walks over to us with her head bent down. and whispers... "psst.... you can't tell anyone im telling you this..." momentarily stops to once again check her surroundings. "you see i have this coupon right here that if you text this number you get a code back and you get a discount on your purchase" so whitney and i just look at each other skeptically. we don't know if its for real or not. but why not try yeah? so i text the number, and sure enough i get a text back that reads "show cashier this code to get 50 percent off your purchase" 50 PERCENT????? so the woman disappears, and whitney and I just look at one another. DID THIS REALLY JUST HAPPEN??? so we walk in, and ended up buying A TON of shoes. because not only did we get 50 percent off with our coupon. there was a HUGE sale!!!! we each paid 45 dollars a piece and got at least eight or nine pairs of shoes... it was so great.

No comments:

Post a Comment