Thursday, October 8, 2009

Scattered thoughts.

Matt, Jacquelyn, and I at THE WALK

soooo, basically the best thing in my life right now, (other than helping my kids, and my elderly people) is the walk. I have been going to sevier heights since the belly, and i have never been more moved, more passionately and incredibly in awe of God, and how much he is making a revolution in me. i really want just everyone in the entire college to come. even if you are not of baptist or christian religion, it is just simply peaceful to be inside a building with students your age, going through your stress, and being able to just get that mindset back. the mindset of "ok, life is hard, but i can do this. i can DO THIS." I just feel like so often i lay in bed on saturday mornings and just really want to not do this whole college thing. but i soon remember that no matter how hard it is, and how much more harder it is going to get, my only option is to succeed. how can i NOT succeed and be this life changing person, when the college i attend does nothing but push me and pull me towards my full potential? thats just it, i can't not succeed. basically this blog is going to be quite short, i was just thinking about how last night, i was standing by jacquelyn, and as i was singing i almost started crying because i am fully reminded everytime i am at the walk, just how beautiful the earth is, and how often we take it for granted, how often i take it for granted. and how we complain about how hard our school work is, and how we don't want to study for this test, or do this homework. when in actuality, we have it so much better. would you rather be in afghanistan drinking from unclean water, and have your family dieing because there is no medicine? would you rather be the person who is at home just watching tv...forever... or would you rather someone push you, so that when you do reach your full potential, theres a huge explosion from where you make this ginormous differece.

amen.
i'll take the explosion.

i know this was kind of... scattered... so i guess you can say these are some scattered thoughts i had for today
, and that i have every once in awhile.

oh, and one more thing

Peter: I want always to be a boy, and have fun.
Wendy: You say so, but I think it is your biggest pretend.

2 comments: