Thursday, October 1, 2009

Gabby.


Gabriella - God is my strength.


my definition - a simple quiet child, who can melt the world with her smile.


I am a bonnor, as you know. I love helping people. I didn't even have to be a bonnor, because i had scholarships that covered all of my expenses, but I wanted to be apart of a organization that not only makes a difference, but changes the world. and that is exactly what I believe the bonnors of maryville college do. They change people's lifes.


but also, I believe our lives get changed. I believe this because my life has already been changing, and I have only been at my service sights for a month now.

I will start to introducing you to my bestfriend Gabby. We actually have a song.

Me: Gabby is my bestfriend

Gabby: caitlin is my bestfriend

Me: we like to swing

Gabby: we like to do the spider

Me: we like to play outside

Gabby: we like to play house on the playground

Me: i love my bestfriend Gabby

Gabby: i love my bestfriend Caitlin.


Gabby is five years old, and she is the most quiet child i have ever met. but shes also one of the most inspirational children i have ever met. she makes me feel so good. as soon as she enters the building she looks for me, and when she finds me she runs up and gives me a hug, everytime. and everytime I leave, she always wants to go with me. Her favorite games include house, and freeze tag. and when we play freeze tag its, "me and caitlin are it" she gave me a bead the other day. it is just a simple purple bead, and it is the best gift i have been given, because it came from such a pure heart. and had such a divine meaning behind it.


Today, she asked me if i could spell "Green" and then she spelled it for me. shes also afraid of butterflies, which i find odd, because they are harmless, but Gabby does not like butterflies. I am actually curious to the reason behind that.


Gabby has touched my heart, because she always has a smile on her face, and she reminds me of the innocence of the child. and how, if the whole world had this simple innocence, we would be so much more happy; so much more at peace. That little girl probably has no worries, and lives life in a carefree and happy manner.


it makes me sad to think about how one day she will grow up, and lose all of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment