Sunday, February 21, 2010

So you wanna change the world?

What are you waiting for?

Sorry it has been so long. I have been so overwhelmed. I feel as though I am being bombarded with homework. I guess what comes up really does have to come down. Thank you for that awesome law called gravity Galileo.
Last semester I was totally on top of things.
This semester, I am on top of things, but it is a lot harder to climb a mountain made of wet leaves then it was made of flowers and lollipops.

This past week I was able to be stressed about a yearbook assignment, and getting prepared for a western civ exam which takes place wednesday.
But better than that...
I gave up facebook.
DONT CATCH YOUR BREATH!! I was just simply driving home one day and I was listening to the radio for once, (instead of a cd, or my ipod that my boyfriend matt has had for OOMPTEETH YEARS!). anyways, the fella on the radio said something about lent, and giving something up for forty days, where you can focus and spend time with God. Now, I realize baptist dont follow this, but honestly, who cares? since when should you have to be completely held down by a set of laws?
especially religiously speaking.
can this not just count as fasting?
so i guess if you believe in Lent you can say that I am giving up facebook for lent. if you are just totally against that, then you can say im fasting from facebook for forty days.
either way. my facebook date is March 30th. haha. im pathetic I know.

anyways, I decided I would take this time to discuss my amazingly awesome yearbook topic that i had to cover. which was.
dundundun.
the study abroad program. honestly, i couldn't have been more happier. because traveling, and cultures, and well, saving the world of course, are top on my todo priority list. so when i got the assignment i was like.
FOR SERIOUS! YES!
those words are exact, foryourinfosir.
I sent out questions and the famous four that I got answers back from were Houston Miller from germany. (when i say from germany, i mean thats where he studied. abroad.) Whitney Ziggs and Blythe Tyrone from India, and then Laurel Valk from costa rica!!!!!

You know I really enjoyed writing the copy for this spread, and I learned a lot from it too. I can not wait to study abroad. I mean, without talking to anyone who has been, i already knew it had to be a radical life molding experience, but just hearing it is something else in itself.
Germany - he got to go to the concentration camps. I dont know what that means to you, but really? I mean to actually stand there were so many people suffered? i just... i can't even imagine.
and i have always wanted to go to india. actually it is where i want to do most of my missions work. it was always australia and india. you know i drove past the bridge in knoxville, and if you are from here you know exactly where im talking about, heck, even if you aren't from here, you probably know where im talking about.
just seeing all those homeless people...
call me a baby or not. but i cried. i teared up, it hurts, and what hurts more is i feel like everything i do, is never enough. i can't even imagine what would happen to me if i went to india.
i have always been a community service dork. its where my heart is, mom says she realized that when i was five, but i am not good at it.
i always. ALWAYS get emotionally attached. and i hate it, i dont know how to stop it. it just always happens.
We had this guy preach at our church this morning (SHBC) and sorry i can't remember his name for the life of me, but he showed a video of the world. and the poverty in the world. i saw starving children, naked men, crying mothers holding dead babies.
by the end of the video. i felt a personal connection to all of those people.
it was... so odd... and throughout the whole sermon the only thing going on inside my head was "yes yes yes i have got to get out there... i have got to do something"
there have been many times where i have wondered if i should just quit school and get started now.
but then ... i remember where im at.
im at maryville college.
the most radically life changing college that exists.
PERIOD.
no questions asked.
These girls and guys who went on these trips around the world... they are forever changed.
forever. thats it! you can't witness such an overwhelming and eccentric episode like that... and NOT be changed forever.
unless...your a robot and dont get affected by anything.
not to mention theres not a doubt in my mind that the professors didn't help along with the process.
I want to study abroad so very badly. dont get me wrong, i learned a lot in jterm... but to be able to go and have such a life changing experience...
i can't wait.
its times like these that i wish i had money.
i have never been a materialistic person. never. i hate money. and how it makes or breaks a person.
that kills me.
thats a whole other argument in itself.
but then again. what can you say? its the truth... if you dont have the money... you can't go to these places.
i can't stand it honestly.
but no worries.
God will find a way.
I am patient. i have been for eighteen years now.
my time will come, and oh boy when it does.

i can't wait.

I will be on here periodically this week, because there is a lot going on. well.. more or less next week.
But still, theres a lot for end of Feb going into the month of March.
and OH
by the way, I am very happy because this weekend was gorgeous. Summer... i know you're out there... i can feel you, just break through those gates baby!!!
your shine totally outlasts those winds.
just keep fighting through!



and for those of you who care:

i hope you all had a fantabulous SKITTLES DAY!!!!!... although you probably celebrated valentines day, i decided that valentines day was just...simply... too cliche. so matt and i celebrated Skittles DAY!!!!!.
if you didn't know, skittles are happy pills because they come from the rainbow. if you are ever sad, just eat a skittle. from experience! i promise they make you happ happ happee.
i made us bleached tye dye shirts, and then as a surprise matt had me pick out two peices of fabric, and we made a shirt.
haha.
it was oober amounts of fun, and although there weren't your usual flowers and candy, it was simply amazing.
i got him a croaking frog full of skittles, and yes...it really croaks. haha, and then i bought him a HEAP OF OREO stuff, because oreos are his favorite.
that picture up there is actually our shirt that we made. it was fun, and yes its a bit raggidy, but... im not a female at heart, so this was my first time sowing.
DONT JUDGE ME!
..i can't really cook either...
thats okay... so what if my mind has been on other things besides the social norm for women.
i can deal yo.

So HAPPY belated SKITTLES DAY.
Skittle Rhymes with YO.
and remember, whenever you are unhappy. eat a skittle.

No comments:

Post a Comment