Thursday, January 14, 2010

Care is a verb.




Heritage Museum. Me and Susan Pogue ;DD





It's been awhile, and for that my most deepest and very true condolences.

I have a lot to put on here. i know loooong posts can look overwhelming, but hang in there. we can do this together. I should actually be asleep, but I can't sleep. wired mind. i want to read, but I know that if I start, i wont stop. so im not even going to start.
For one, J-term has gone rather well. I have been overwhelmed with project after project, but i have learned a lot. I have come to the conclusion that Maryville College is the most unique and original college out there, and i know this may sound bad... but i am so glad i dont go to ANY other college. I feel like this college does more than help prepare you for your future career. They mold your mind. they open your eyes. you not only gain a wisdom, but a deep and more meaningful understanding of something. Take J term for example. you can complain all you want because of the homework and assignments, but take a step back.
ah... you see?
well, for those of you who are blind, let me be your eyes.
yes the homework may get annoying, but look at what you have learned in your classes.
my friend kayla swafford is taking the water class, and she posted this on her facebook :Water is a source of life, and yet everyday 30,000 ppl die of waterborne illnesses. Turn on your tap and have plenty? Buy what about the children in Africa, or Bolivia who don't have water, or the 1 in ten children in these countries that won't make it to the age of 5 bc all they have is contaminated water? Who cares, right? Take your 15 minute shower.
these classes are opening our minds, they are making us look deeper into the picture.
my class has taught me to really think about my surroundings, and how every thing is connected. one thing has the ability to completely ruin another thing. i walked out into our woods today, and saw english ivy everywhere...im talking SAW... i have seen it before yes, but today i really saw it. the broken limbs... the dead trees...this awful thing just suffocating the life out of these trees. thats just a small example compared to all thats going on with invasive exotice species in the world today.
did you know ladybugs were invasive?
yeah. well. they are.
so are cats.

what other college do you know that has a class where your eyes are completely open to how much the world has changed, and is still drastically changing right before our tiny little pupils.
most people dont care.
its time we start caring.
its time we start doing something.

the walk started back as well.
i have actually been very depressed for the past two days.
the situation in Haiti, is just, its too much.
i dont understand why its happening, but i have to keep hold of God, and trust him. and pray. since thats all, for now, that i can do. i hate the way i am right now. i think i heard about a hundred people talk about how something bad was going on in their life, and i wanted to shake them "THERE ARE BIGGER THINGS THEN THAT GUY NOT ASKING YOU OUT"... its wrong, i shouldn't think that.
but i will say, that it upset me that kiffin seemed to be more important then these people who have lost ...everything...
i dont want to get into it. because im a very passionate person.
too passionate actually.
i feel attached to these people...all from a video that Tim and the others brought back showing them receiving the shoes that everyone gave...
i can still see the little boys face in my head... the little girl's smile.
pray.
please.

Give me a revelation.
show me what to do.

I'll follow you into the homes that are broken.
Follow you into the world.
Meet the needs for the poor and the needy GOD.
follow you into the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment