Wednesday, October 14, 2009

rain dance


you know, if theres one thing i really dont like... its the rain.
some people say, "oh i love the rain" "oh i love to dance in the rain" "oh i love to kiss in the rain" i say...
"oh ...the rain... eff my life" okay, maybe thats a bit extreme but i am not joking, i can not stand the rain. i walked around campus all day today with my shoes soaking wet... yes boys and girls recycled tennis shoes... ABSORB the water. theres your wise thing to learn for today.
Besides the rain, it has been a decent day. i went to my nursing home today, and they were watching madea goes to jail. well, after i handed everyone their popcorn, and distributed the drinks i sat down to watch the movie, and i hear this man out of the corner of my ear. it sounded like he had growled... and i turned and looked at him, you know, to make sure he was okay or wasn't trying to get my attention. and he just smiled at me, so i smiled back and turned my attention back to the big screen... then i hear him say something again... but he says it so low, i can't tell what hes saying. i thought he was asking to go to his room, so i walked over to him and asked him if he wanted me to take him back to his room, and he looked at me like i was dumb and just shook his head... so i sat back down,
well, there was a lady on the screen and she was just belting it out... im talking this woman was singing about Jesus, and all testifying and waving her hands, and then i finally hear what the man is saying under his breath "sing it girl. preach it, lord jesus." and it made me smile, to see him get so involved in the movie, even though the lady beside him kept looking at him, and then she would look at me, and shake her head. and at one point, while mr. preach it man, was saying "sing it girl" the woman looked at me and said, "i think that womans crazy"
it was actually a huge realization on my part about how different they must have grown up.
her being an elderly white lady, probably wasn't use to a gospel church, and him being an elderly black man, probably grew up in a gospel singing church, where everyone got down with the lord.
it was great, i really enjoyed that man. and the woman made me giggle.

on another bright note, its my sisters birthday today. she turned the big FOURTEEN, and i am taking her tomorrow out to dinner, and to buy her a birthday gift. i adore my sister, she's getting too pretty though. i am going to have to cage her up when she gets into high school next year.
since, she can't date till shes 30, she will be the 40 year old virgin, if I have anything to do with it.

well, i have caught up on my homework, so as a treat, i am going out on a date with my handsome man.
until next time.

from the movie coach carter;
"We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. "

2 comments: